We Are Committed To Your Goals In Divorce
Divorce can be one of the most difficult times in life regardless of which person initiated it. For many divorcing adults, this is a time that can create financial, emotional, physical and mental challenges.
The compassionate lawyers at Adria S. Hillman, Attorney at Law, P.C., know that you must divide your attention across several areas of your life, from caring for your children to maintaining your career. We have the experience and dedication to focus on the legal aspects of your divorce for you. Rely on us to work on the fine details of your case from start to finish.
Effectively Preparing For Divorce
If you are getting a divorce in New York, it is important to prepare yourself for the journey ahead. Filing for divorce necessitates getting a thorough assessment of your current financial situation, future risks, objectives and legal options. Seek answers to any divorce questions you have in the beginning stages of divorce.
A few things that you can do at the start of divorce include:
- Make a record of your accounts, debts and special property
- Get a copy of your credit report
- Change all passwords on your electronic devices to protect your privacy
- Research experienced family law attorneys in your area and get an initial consultation
- Learn about your divorce options, including collaborative family law
- Review your priorities in the divorce, whether they involve keeping certain assets, making a certain parenting arrangement or minimizing stress
It is important to have a professional advocate on your side, especially in complex divorces and high asset divorces. Adria S. Hillman, Attorney at Law, P.C., has the family law experience to pursue your case according to your goals, and we will be proactive in protecting your interests. We also serve same-sex family law needs.
Learn More About The Divorce Process
You deserve to feel in control of your divorce, and our Manhattan attorneys are prepared to assist you with every detail throughout the process. Email us or call 646-960-8711 to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation with a dedicated divorce lawyer.